Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More protein, less carbs

I read a nutrition book from an Olympic runner, and it seemed like all she was eating was protein! I'm trying some new things following my last racing block (5 races in 6 weeks) and infusing a lot of protein and trying to shake down some of the carbs. I LOVE carbs, but carbs are not essential. I think I am currently getting too much protein (lots of bars with protein - Clif Builder, lots of edamame, turkey/chicken lunch meat, steak, fish, ground turkey, milk, oats), but my percentage of carbs the past two days is down from 58-60% to 45-50% or so.

While yogurt and granola with fruit is about my favorite thing to eat, I have cut it out entirely this week. Instead of yogurt I'm eating Nancy's Low-Fat Cottage Cheese with diced fruit. No granola.



Yellowfin tuna prepped in four different ways: teriyaki, light Italian-ish dressing, cajun rub, and steakhouse rub



Tonight is some grass-fed beef and monster salad action.

No comments:

Post a Comment