Monday, November 9, 2009

So Easy a Caveman Can Do It

This blog has been pretty lackluster the past few months. I never really did up any recipes to make it interesting, and food pics can go anywhere. Now that I'm trying a new "method of taking in calories" with the Paleo Diet for Athlete's, I figured I'd chronicle my journey here so I can track what I'm eating, what I'm not, how I'm feeling, and how it affects training and life in general.

While we haven't yet gone Paleo yet, we're closing in on it, and have started cutting back on the refined carbs a bit. Mostly it's just been with dinner (no rice, quinoa, pasta). The hardest will probably be the morning cereal (low calorie and SUPER quick/easy to make and clean up) and ABJ's at lunch (again, easy/quick).

Last week we had some butternut squash, so I looked up a paleo recipe for it:



It was so yum. We put a bit of olive oil in a pan with some fresh pressed garlic, heated that up, sauteed cubed butternut squash, then added sliced red onion, dried cranberries, and curry and cinnamon. The only thing that made it non-paleo was that we added milk in place of the suggested coconut milk (which we don't have and I've yet to find in paleo-friendly format - e.g. I can only find it full of additives). So.Good.

Grilled bison



While we were without blueberries for a few weeks, finally the stores are getting them again (so far Henry's and Costco)

Hey there, blueberries…



Birthday cake is decidedly NOT paleo friendly. Good thing we ate it all!



Since I got wrangled into racing this weekend the paleo diet is set to "drop" on Sunday or Monday. I haven't decided yet! The first 30 days the plan is strict paleo. We'll see how those 4 weeks go; how we feel, how training is going, energy level, recovery level, etc., and then go from there. Either there will be some benefit to it, or there won't and we'll eat like we do now.

Should be an interesting "experiment" and due to where we're at in the year, it won't affect performance at all. Can't hurt to try something new!

We'll see if it's easy enough for me!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete