Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lots of food...

I think I spent about 2 hours last night on food alone. Prepped dinner (chipotle marinated chicken breasts, left over yellow sweet potatoes, and salads - with lunch left overs) for awhile, and then took a long time setting up lunch for today.

I've got a lot of fruit and veggies in the refrigerator and since I'll be gone for 4-5 days coming up for this weekend's race, it was time to eat a bunch of the fresh food before I was out of town!

I had a ton of salad stuff - lettuce mixes, yellow squash, zucchini, mini bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, the list goes on... I have a salad mix also that I need to finish! So, salad for dinner and salad for lunch. Spent a lot of time chopping, slicing, and dicing!

Following dinner clean-up it was all about snacks for lunch. I've been obsessed with my yogurt, strawberry, blackberry, granola mix, and since I was super full after dinner and going to bed early it was all about having that as a morning snack for today. Took some time to dole out the yogurt from the big container, slice up the strawberries, etc.

Check it - lunch yesterday



vs. lunch today



Way better, but way more time to prepare.

At Henry's last weekend these were on sale, $0.77/lbs! The same size for non-organic at Vons is $1.99. The organic is SO GOOD.



Leftover corn on the cob, salad mix, and some of these bbq'd up tonight for dinner:



Lots of food when you pair those with the steel cut oats mix for breakfast. I'm full just thinking about all the food I will be eating today.

No comments:

Post a Comment